Water Quality Monitoring
Satellite products development for water quality monitoring in the Great lakes and coastal zone
Since May 2010, a service based on satellite data for regular water quality monitoring in the Great Lakes and Northern Baltic Sea, have been officially launched, www.vattenkvalitet.se. The service provides the aquatic end user community with regular and recent water quality information with large coverage.
SEPA, the River Basin District Authorities, the county administrative boards, the societies for water conservation, water companies and other organisations have the task to monitor, restore and preserve the natural conditions of the lakes and sea, and to provide the community with high quality drinking water. Their work consists of, for example, sampling, analysis and evaluation of the results from their field based programs. The River Basin District Authorities foresees a growing demand of a remote tool for status classification on a general level and our assumption is that remote sensing could be the right tool to accomplish that.
- Duration: 2006 -
- The project is funded by the Swedish National Space Board, by the Swedish Environmental Protection Agency and by SYVAB.
- Website: http://www.vattenkvalitet.se
- External link: Swedish National Space Board - Water quality monitoring in the Bothnian Sea and the Bothnian Bay
- External link: Swedish National Space Board - Satellite products development for water quality monitoring in the Great lakes and Himmerfjärden
- External link: Evaluation of MERIS processors for monitoring of Lake Mälaren and Lake Vänern, 2009
- External link: Rymdstyrelsen - Ett operationellt system för övervakning av sjöar baserat på fjärranalys
- Contact: Petra Philipson, email@example.com